[Chennaipy] Diversity in Chennaipy

James Mortensen james.mortensen at synclio.com
Mon Jun 8 14:14:35 CEST 2015

>> Well, then if normal coders are presumed unsafe for women, then why not
we have chennai_py_woman group where they can feel safe.

No one has presumed anything, yet.  The goal of this discussion is what
action to take if someone shows up to our free, open event and cannot
behave him/herself and treat everyone with respect in regards to race,
gender, sexual orientation, etc, etc.

>> Any way I haven't read the entire thread as I am  a new joiner.

Not sure if the previous messages are viewable to a new member, but the
idea is to make sure we have a process in place to remove anyone who makes
the environment unsafe (not assuming everyone is unsafe).  Hope this helps
clarify.

>> I strongly believe men and women are equal and both must get the same
treatment without any partiality.

I agree, 100%.

>> A tech group I feel must have technically sound people. He or she may be
a saint or a bandit AFK, that should not concern us. Neither does one's
language and tone must be considered.

If someone is acting like a jerk and cannot behave himself, harasses
members of Chennaipy, or otherwise does explicit things to make certain
members feel unsafe or uncomfortable, then I personally don't care how
smart that person is.  I do not believe such divisive individuals belong in
an open community dedicated to sharing knowledge and making networking
connections.

Hopefully, the Code of Conduct will draw a clear line between this idea
that "normal coders are presumed unsafe for women" and people who are
actually actively harmful to the community and this mission to be more
inclusive.

Hope this helps clarify.

James

Phone: * 866-707-4590*