[Chennaipy] Diversity in Chennaipy

Bindu Upadhyay upadhyay.bindu09 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 06:18:39 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am a newbie to Python and I joined this list to find material useful for
learning. I found out about this group through a colleague of mine. I
haven't attended any of the meetups yet.
I don't know how many women programmers and programmers are aware of this
group as such. Maybe some stats could help us in gaining some context.
Being an engineer, I can relate to the low ratio.

Here are some initiatives that I could suggest (based on my needs and
observation)-

   - Conduct a workshop for newcomers (which I think you guys do at times)
   - Reach out to students in colleges and spread a bit of awareness (Not
   sure if it is in the scope of your plan)

I don't think having a "girls only" event would do much. I was at one such
event recently and the number of organizers was more than the number of
attendees! But again, this might help more people in losing the fear that
surrounds them.

Would love to hear others thoughts about this and I am all in doing the
needful.

Cheers,
Bindu Upadhyay