[Chennaipy] Fwd: Proposal for a machine learning session

Suriyadeepan R suriyadeepan.r at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 00:01:47 EDT 2016

Hi,

​I apologize for posting this so late.

I am an Independent Researcher, interested in Machine Learning and AI. I am
a member of the Free Software Hardware Movement, Puducherry. I came across
the Chennaipy group recently and decided to attend the August Meetup. I
would like to propose a session on Sentiment Analysis with Recurrent Neural
Network (RNN). I can start with a toy example, where we use a Character
based RNN and then move on to Word Embedding.

I hope I am not too late on the proposal.

*Sentiment Analysis with Recurrent Neural Networks*

*Recurrent Neural Networks are revolutionizing the NLP industry. We
encounter more intelligent chatbots everyday. This session will be an
introduction to Language Modelling with Neural Networks. We will be working
with Twitter Sentiment Corpus
<http://www.sananalytics.com/lab/twitter-sentiment/>, which is a small
collection of tweets that mention @apple, #google, #micosoft and #twitter.
Our goal is to classify the tweets into one of these classes, {positive,
neutral, negative, irrelevant}, using Google's Tensorflow framework. It
would be great if the participants have tensorflow package installed
<https://www.tensorflow.org/versions/r0.10/get_started/os_setup.html> in
their laptops. *

*Duration*
20-30 mins