[Chennaipy] Talks for the Next Meet

Vijay Kumar B. vijaykumar at zilogic.com
Mon Mar 21 01:16:23 EDT 2016

On Monday 14 March 2016 08:46 PM, Vijay Kumar wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> The monthly meet is on the 26th of this month. If you are interested in
> doing a talk at the meetup, please send in a talk title and short
> description.

Title: Rethinking Spreadsheets

If you are like me and love your text editor, and despise the GUI, I
would like to propose an alternative to spreadsheets, YAMLCalc.
YAMLCalc, is  ~100 line Python script that

    * provides a convenient and natural way to represent your data
    * allows creation of expressions using Python operators and math
functions
    * supports generation of tables and beautiful charts using pygal
    * integrates seamlessly with asciidoc and markdown documents

Through this talk I hope to show the casual user, an alternative way of
representing data, performing calculations on them, and visualizing them.

Regards,
Vijay