[Chennaipy] Mutli- threading in cython

aishwarya selvaraj aishwaryaselvaraj1708 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 01:47:40 EDT 2018

 Hi,
Yes, I was able to make use of  PyArray_NewFromDescr in my code. Storing
into a 3D array has now become a lot faster. Thank you!But the CCD images
stored using this method looks quite different from the ones
acquired earlier.
In the older method at the end of for loop there is incrementing using
 _puc_image
+= aoiStride, I'm not very sure on how to do it with new method. Could you
please take a look at it? I'm not very sure what am I missing here.
ᐧ

>> dims[0] = self.aoiWidth
>
> dims[1] = self.aoiHeight
>
>                         #method 1
>
> data[i,:,:] = PyArray_NewFromDescr(<PyTypeObject *> np.ndarray,
>> np.dtype('<B'), 2,dims, NULL,pBuf, np.NPY_C_CONTIGUOUS, None)
>
> #-----------------------------------------------------------
>
> #method 2:
>
> #if (i==0) or (i == 1) or (i ==2) or (i==3) or (i==4):
>
> #_puc_image = pBuf
>
> #pus_image = <unsigned short*>pBuf
>
> #for j in range(self.aoiWidth/self.hbin):
>
> #pus_image = <unsigned short*>(_puc_image)
>
> #for k in range(self.aoiHeight/self.vbin):
>
> #data[l][j][k]  = pus_image[0]
>
> #pus_image += 1
>
> #_puc_image += aoiStride
>
> #l = l+1
>
> the image displayed using method 1 is very different from method 1.

ᐧ