[Chicago] Can you write Perl in Python?

Edward S. Marshall esm at logic.net
Thu Dec 29 05:31:15 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 21:50 -0600, Martin Maney wrote:
> Tuples don't need parens, sometimes.  Hmmm, wonder if I overlooked one
> of them things...

Don't forget that unnecessary newline at the end of the file, if your
text editor of choice inserts one. :-) (One by one, the little things
add up...)

I'm down to 198 bytes in a single line, without doing anything "clever"
with my output template yet (ie. it's still one long string, instead of
integers like everyone else seems to eventually move to). And if list
comprehensions are your thing, it's still fairly readable (although the
lack of whitespace and run-together nature is making me cross-eyed at
this point). I'm convinced the only significant way I can make this
smaller is to shrink my template representation.

I can't believe I'm still banging away at this. My sense of style is
greatly offended. ;-) I also disagree with the subject line; the farther
I go with this, the more it starts to look like Lisp. It's a far cry
from the visual abuse you can deliver with Perl.

-esm (lambda and map and reduce, oh my!)

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm at logic.net>
http://esm.logic.net/