[Chicago] wiki

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Oct 4 06:58:20 CEST 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 03:05:53PM -0500, Brian Ray wrote:
> The wiki is now MoinMoin and should still be located at http://chipy.org

Hurrah!

> It is already viewable by some. Once it does show up for all, you
> will have to recreate your login. We saved 90% of everything from the
> old wiki.

It appears to be setup so as to allow anyone to edit everything.  As
we've recently seen, requiring an easily-available user "account"
doesn't stop spam, it's probably worth having.  Moin currently handles
that through its ACL mechanism:

  http://www.chipy.org/HelpOnAccessControlLists

--
The Internet discourages reflection and deep thought. It
encourages just glossing over, as quick as possible. The