[Chicago] ChiPy Chicago Python User Group Meeting Tomorrow
bray at sent.com
bray at sent.com
Wed Aug 9 17:05:47 CEST 2006
This will be our best meeting yet! ChiPy's Monthly meeting this Thurs.
August 10, 2006. 7pm. (except for folks who want to help setup at 6:30
and get first dibs on
pizza-compliments of Uncle Roy (Singham))
* Adrian Holovaty's new Django Add-on for quickly publishing websites.
* John Melesky on AppScript
* Sir Galahad on Python 2.5 (beta 3) in a nutshell
* BarCamp review and hangovers
* Lighting talks: MD5, ...
ThoughtWorks' Chicago office
651 West Washington Blvd., 6th floor
Chicago, IL 60661
"6 story, brick building on the Southwest corner of Washington Blvd. and
"Right next to the 90/94 freeway"
"Across the street from the Social Security building"
* Map <http://tinyurl.com/mgcxo>
* "Official" info <http://www.thoughtworks.com/chicagoInfo.html>
Call jason at 3 1 2 - 3 7 3 . 8 5 5 6 if you get locked out or lost.
(The external doors should be open, but be sure to enter on the "east"
Street (meter) parking is available in the area. Shoot for "free" (no
meters) parking on the South side of the building if you're lucky. And
be sure to feed those meters; Brother Leader Daley collects tons of cash
from meter fines in this area. Garage parking is also available across
the street (technically across the interstate) at the very tall
SkyBridge condo building.
1) The closest "L" stop is Clinton on the "Green Line". (About an 8
minute walk from TW.)
2) The closest Metra station is the Ogilvie Transportation Center (in
the Citibank Building) 2 blocks east of TW. (a 4 minute walk)
3) The closest water taxi stop is at Madison Street Bridge at 2 North
Riverside Plaza. (<http://www.wendellariverbus.com/rbdock.htm>) ;-)
4) I can't find good info on the nearest helipad. Sorry, Mr. Trump.
5) Besides garage parking at SkyBridge across the freeway and meter
parking around the building, there is additional garage parking at the
Presidential Towers at Jefferson & Madison. There are 2 non-garage
parking lots adjacent to our building. (I don't know the lots' "after
5pm" parking rules, though). Theme: If you're addicted to oil, there
are lots of parking options within a short walk.
ChiPy is a group of Chicago Python Programmers, l33t, and n00bs.
Meetings are held monthly at various locations around Chicago.
Also, ChiPy is a proud sponsor of many Open Source and Educational
efforts in Chicago. Stay tuned to the mailing list for more info.
ChiPy website: <http://chipy.org>
ChiPy Mailing List: <http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/chicago>
Python website: <http://python.org>
Forward this on.
More information about the Chicago