[Chicago] [Fwd: Any ChiPy plans for PyCon 2008?]

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 22:25:25 CET 2006

Ironically, it appears very likely that I will be moving to Texas
timed perfectly so I never get to a local PyCon.

I'll be looking to ChiPyCon to give me an excuse to come back and
visit. However, I can't be a mover/shaker on this project as I'll be
elsewhere.

I'll pass along your request to George and Andy, who probably don't
follow this list as closely as I do. That said, my efforts to work
with Loyola on this matter (and others) showed a certain
inflexibility. I suppose it is not surprising that Loyola is a bit of
a culturally conservative organization. They certainly showed no
intention of going to any special trouble to attract the event.

I think Dallas showed that a commercial venue is fine.

I think Chicago could attract many more visitors than Dallas could,
especially from overseas. Our charms (starting with blues and jazz but
going on to art and architecture) may be better appreciated in other
countries than here. We really might want to think in terms of
handling over 600.

mt