[Chicago] I don't get the web, was Re: py for TurboGears

Peter Fein pfein at pobox.com
Mon Dec 11 22:14:44 CET 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 09:47, Carl Karsten wrote:
> Pre-requisites: know about programming and web servers.

So I managed to miss the Web revolution in programming by about a year or two,
and now it's gotten unapproachably complex.  I sorta understand the basic
concepts of Apache, HTTP, cookies, javascript, DOM, XML, CSS, REST, etc.,
well enough to talk about them intelligently. But not nearly well as I'd like
or well enough to write my own code.

Any book recommendations for getting started with Web programming?  Python
preferred obviously, but not strictly required.  Full disclosure tho: I
despise PHP & don't have a very high opinion of J2EE or whatever the
Java-monster-du-jour is.

--
Peter Fein                                                     pfein at pobox.com
773-575-0694                                      Jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com