[Chicago] SCons, the Python-based alternative to GNU Make

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Fri Feb 24 22:51:35 CET 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 2:51 PM, David Rock wrote:

> Yeah, talk about an obvious use of Python that I completely missed.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not.

Regardless, make files are ugly and Python is "Beautiful". And we
want everything to be "Beautiful". (can you tell who I am imitating).
If not, this jokes not for you ;)

Anyway, I think SCons presentation would be quite cool. I say lets do
in in the next meeting.

What is our topic for next month?  Is everyone going to be at PyCon?
I am not... but maybe we can dial in and get harasses about the cold
weather.

Did Ian say he wants someone else to do marketing?  I will. But under
one condition: We *must* order some goofy ChiPy tee shirts.

Regards, Brian Ray