[Chicago] topics

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Jan 4 22:30:30 CET 2006

Michael Tobis wrote:
> I think the seven-segment contest is a good topic for lightning talks
> by participants. Maybe we could go in descending order of score (I'm
> 170 officially) with Martin and Ian going last?
>
> I'm OK with meeting in Downer's especially if Martin can show up and
> explain the winner's multiple radix trick to me. I am happy to offer
> the Monadnock through most of the year; also I think I can swing
> something at the downtown Loyola campus now.
>
> Anyone for Module of the Month?
>
> Anything else topical? Time for yet another Web frameworks showdown?

Sounds like a plan to me.  Downer's Grove it is.  Might I suggest
someone present on a nice module, like, say, pickle?  Or optparse?  Or
xmlrpc?  Or maybe a fairly small module like say, stan?  Enum?  A little
longer, like ElementTree?  Or BeautifulSoup?  Or Cheetah?  Presentations
on personal projects of any size also always welcome.