[Chicago] Chicago Python User Group: Thurs. July 13, 2006 7pm.

Edward Summers ehs at pobox.com
Wed Jul 12 20:55:16 CEST 2006

Speaking of tools: a friend of mine and I were talking about my
predilection towards learning multiple languages and his towards
learning one well, and he translated a Chinese saying that amounted to:

	A drawer full of knives, none of them sharp.

While I'm a fan of sharp knives I think there is a real need for good
discussion (sans religious bias) about computer languages and
environments. This kind of discussion can be found in the blogosphere
[1] but I agree that there is a real opportunity for a computer
enthusiast group that promotes more varied, intellectually
stimulating discussion than what is offered by a language specific
group.

You know, like an Invisible College [2] for Chicago software
developers. Maybe I've just been reading too much Stephenson. I don't
even live in Chicago anymore so why do I  care?

It feels important somehow.
//Ed

[1] http://blog.ianbicking.org/ruby-python-power.html
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Society