[Chicago] Fw: Idea: weekly Chicago coding sprints?

Jason R Huggins JRHuggins at thoughtworks.COM
Sun Jun 11 22:30:30 CEST 2006

Robare, Phil wrote on 06/11/2006 02:40:24 PM:
> As it is success will probably
> bring Richard Stallman by to tell us it should properly be called
> GNU/TECHCoffee.

And if we can get David Heinemeier Hansson (now based in Chicago!) to join
the fun, I'd consider calling it "GNU/TECHcoffeeOnRails"
Maybe if we all met in the same car on the same L train at the same time,
that wouldn't be a bad description. ;-)

On that note, at the risk of splintering this discussion, but starting to
leverage the "TECHcoffee" website, I'd like to encourage folks to start
adding comments on the idea here:

http://techcoffee.infogami.com/comments_on_the_idea

Feel free to forward the link (http://techcoffee.infogami.com) to other
Chicago users groups, blog about it, print flyers, tell your friends on
MySpace, Skype your buddies, or get a microphone and start proselytizing
about in front of Carsons at State and Washington. Either way, get the
word out... On June 19th, hackers will meet and code will be written... oh
yes... code *will* be written.

- jason