[Chicago] Fw: Idea: weekly Chicago coding sprints?

Jason R Huggins JRHuggins at thoughtworks.COM
Thu Jun 15 00:03:19 CEST 2006

chicago-bounces at python.org wrote on 06/14/2006 03:27:29 PM:

> There's been a thousand million replies in this thread.  I think it's
> a neat idea.  Although 6am makes me nervous, I'm going to try my
> darndest to be there this coming Monday.

:-) Sweet. Feel free to invite all your Django "friends" on MySpace, too.
:-)

> I think wireless access is a bad idea.  Surfing leads to
> not-doing-work.  Just ask my bosses.

You mean, you're not paid to read ChiPy?! We need to find a donor and
endow a chair or something!

> How about we meet outside in the future?  That would be awesome.  I
> would be way more likely to show up if I knew I was going to sit
> outside for two hours before work.
> That would be awesome to the max.

Actually, though you're kidding... there are a bunch of benches outside
right next to Caribou Coffee. If the weather is nice, and your laptop
screen can handle the glare, and you don't mind the sound of the El, it
ain't bad. It would also be a great place for some MySpace dudez to
organize a flash mob and order everyone to stand in line out the door of
all the coffee shops at that corner waiting for their chance to order a
venti decaf latte mochachino with soy. That would be awesomer!

Anyways, see you on Monday. Feel free to blog it, and especially email the
other ChiCoder lists (Ruby, Perl, PHP, etc.)

-Jason

P.S. Digg! -->
http://digg.com/programming/TECHcoffee_-_weekly_code_sprints_in_your_city