[Chicago] Using globals across files

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Mar 28 23:10:29 CEST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 10:39:49AM -0600, Chris Cope wrote:
> better approach anyway. In 4 years of programming with python, I've
> never used globals before, and had no idea seamlessly sharing them
> between files, like with an external in C, wasn't feasible. :)

While Python isn't a bondage & discipline kind of langauge, it doesn't
waste much effort making bad ideas easy, either.  <wink>

This may be one of the real exceptions, but my experience has been that
sharing state though globals is well up on the list of things that will
eventually circle around and bite you in the ass.  Just sayin'.

--
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving there is
no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. -- JKG