[Chicago] Web Analytics

tprinty tprinty at mail.edisonave.net
Wed Nov 1 18:16:25 CET 2006

Hi,

There is a perl script for awstats that will merge all your logfiles
together into one file. You then tell awstats to process the merged
file. It works pretty well.

See: http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_tools.html

Here is how I do the processing

#!/bin/sh
#get the web logs and generate some new stats
scp -C
dellweb1:access_log /home/tom/webstats/production/dellweb1_acccess.log
scp -C
dellweb1:ssl_access_log /home/tom/webstats/production/ssl_access.log
scp -C
dellweb2:access_log /home/tom/webstats/production/dellweb2_acccess.log

/home/tom/webstats/production/logresolvemerge.pl /home/tom/webstats/production/dellweb1_acccess.log /home/tom/webstats/production/dellweb2_acccess.log /home/tom/webstats/production/ssl_access.log > /home/tom/webstats/production/access_log

#generate the stats
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl --config=production

Hope this helps....