[Chicago] meeting time should not vary

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 16:03:04 CET 2006

The reason I advocate for a regular time is to avoid last minute
confusion of the sort we see right now.

Since we operate by consensus without a formal decision process, the
fewer decisions the better.

I attend ChiPy meetings on second Thursdays. I attend other stuff at
other times, sometimes, too, and this Dabo stuff is intriguing, so
more power to those setting up a Dabo meeting. I may even manage to
show up. But I don't think we should call it a ChiPy meeting.

We've failed to get it together once before and it wasn't the end of
the world. I think we should consider anything that doesn't happen on
second Thursdays to be an event of interest and not an actual ChiPy
meeting.

The reason for this preference is not so much this immediate month. It
would be good to avoid this sort of confusion in the future; having an
uncertain date at the last minute is a bad precedent and is probably
worse for the long-term stability of the group than missing a meeting
altogether.

Where does that leave us for now? I don't know. I think it would be
best for ChiPy to take jake up on the dai5ychain offer for Thursday
and Fawad up for Thursday as well.

mt