[Chicago] ChiPy (Special) Meeting, Tuesday 14th 5:30 pm.

bray at sent.com bray at sent.com
Tue Nov 7 18:38:38 CET 2006

NOTE: This is a special meeting on next Tuesday in addition to our
normal Thursday meeting. Attend both, if you can.

Tuesday. November 14 2006. 5:30 pm.

Topics
------

Ed Leaf on Dabo is an open-source framework for developing desktop
(i.e., rich client) applications in Python.

Details
=======

Dabo is an open-source framework for developing desktop (i.e., rich
client) applications in Python. Its primary target is the group of
developers who come from a background in the proprietary
Microsoft-centric tools, such as Visual FoxPro and Visual Basic, but it
also targets Delphi, Filemaker, and other desktop application
development systems who want rich client applications that run
unmodified on Windows, Linux and OS X.

The focus of the talk will be on the visual tools available in Dabo to
help you quickly develop serious database applications in Python. Parts
of the talk will also be directed toward existing wxPython developers
who love the results of working with that UI toolkit, but who hate the
non-Pythonic interface.

Location
--------

Monadnock Building at 53 W. Jackson in downtown Chicago:
Conference Room 826.

Alternatively, if we need more space, we will relocate to the restaurant
on the first floor: http://www.cavanaughschicago.com. We will leave a
note with the gaurd in case we relocate.

RSVP to carl at personnelware.com

Stay tuned to the mailing list for more details.

About ChiPy