[Chicago] meeting time should not vary

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 19:27:24 CET 2006

On 11/7/06, Michael Tobis <mtobis at gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason I advocate for a regular time is to avoid last minute
> confusion of the sort we see right now.
>
> Since we operate by consensus without a formal decision process, the
> fewer decisions the better.

I agree, in theory.  Let's just try not to be hard-asses about this
kind of stuff.  If someone is offering to show us something, for free,
at their own expense, let's try and be agile about it and accomidate
them.

In the spirit of United Nerdery.

As for the Python and Python only argument...hrm.  I guess?

These kinds of moments feel like we're on top of a big slippery hill.
At the bottom of the hill is this: http://trijug.org/getinvolved.jsp

On the other hand, there's two Chicago users groups I can think of
that haven't been as regular as Chipy, and it certainly can be
confusing.

It's all a big series of fine lines, let's just keep it all in mind.
Know what I mean?

Chris