[Chicago] meeting time should not vary

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Tue Nov 7 20:35:07 CET 2006

* Michael Tobis <mtobis at gmail.com> [2006-11-07 13:19]:
> I had a similar problem with Loyola. In the end it was too problematic
> to meet at Loyola because their bureaucracy needed some other
> bureaucracy to deal with.
>
> See, ChiPy is not actually, for legal purposes, a real organization.
> So nobody is "responsible". We are just a bunch of people who get
> together sometimes.
>
> It may be necessary to actually formally create a PyCon-In-Chicago
> organization at some point. So far, though, we have been spending our
> efforts on interesting conversation and not on bureaucracy. We have
> all been blissfully non-responsible all along, and we have had some
> remarkably excellent meetings all the same.

Yes, it has really been more of a collection of people that happen to
like Python getting together on a fairly regular schedule.  Perhaps we
have been lucky doing it that way, but ultimately it has worked out well
to show up where we can, when we can.  There has been only one time
where our short planning time has left us without a meeting; not too bad
considering it's been going for several years now. :-)

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com