[Chicago] CIT, but not BuildBot

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 17:46:22 CEST 2006

On 10/3/06, Brian Ray <bray at sent.com> wrote:
> some crazy stuff. I think Jason Huggins showed this as part of his
> selenium talk at Google last month. Although, I am unsure how it
> tangled in.

His was a continuous builder for Selenium.  Which is very cool.

One of the difficult things about being fickle with languages is
testing tools are pretty opinionated.  Everyone says their testing
tool isn't language specific, including buildbot, but I'll be damned
if they're proving it to me.

Much like Emacs (which, for those paying attention, I'm learning this
week) I think I need to  suck it up and try buildbot.  I'm not sure if
I can use it to test Ruby or not though...I guess I'll find out.

It would be nice if everyone in the world just recognized how great
the Perl testing community is, and start writing testing frameworks
that output TAP.  Then I could just use one of the dozens of Perl TAP
parsing build thingees on CPAN.  There's tons of them.  And they're
good.

Bah.  Computers suck.

Chris