[Chicago] PLY talk

Jason R Huggins JRHuggins at thoughtworks.COM
Mon Oct 9 17:24:16 CEST 2006

David Beazley wrote on 10/08/2006 07:45:51 PM:

> This is just a quick confirmation of my PLY talk for Thursday.  I'm
> working on it now and am looking forward to it.
>
> Basically, I'm going to attempt to talk about how one might implement
> a compiler or a new programming language in Python.  This might be a
> little hair-raising, but I think it will be fun (at least I hope so).

I'm really bummed that I won't be able to attend your talk this week, as
(re)writing a language (HyperTalk) in Python is exactly what I'm
interested in. (Though I'm even *more* interested in reimplementing
HyperTalk in JavaScript, too. But, sadly, I don't think there are any
tools like PLY for JavaScript...)

So, everyone, take good notes!... I'll be checking your blogs Friday
morning. :-)

- Jason