[Chicago] PLY talk

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Oct 10 23:30:11 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 12:09:39AM -0500, Kenneth P. Stox wrote:
> RATFOR was for weak minds that could not handle the exquisite power of
> the computed goto statement. ;->
>
> Or, were you thinking of WATFOR?

I dimly recall that.  The feeling I get isn't good.

> -Ken "Fortran gave me my taste for pasta" Stox

Actually, I didn't like RATFOR all that much, but it was a darned sight
better than plain Fortran, and "Software Tools" was one of those books
that did some major rearranging of my notions about programming.  But I
was perfectly happy to drop it like a stone when I got access to a
usable C compiler a little later.  Well, it seemed usuable at the
time...

--
The trouble with customizing your environment is that it just doesn't
propagate, so it's not even worth the trouble.  -- Joel Spolsky

I keep my life in a CVS\\\Subversion repository. -- Joey Hess