[Chicago] ANN: Paste 1.0

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Oct 23 00:33:17 CEST 2006

I am happy to announce the release of Paste 1.0.  This release
includes all the major components: Paste (core), Paste Script, Paste
Deploy, and Paste WebKit.

Paste actually passed the 0.x stage a long time ago.  But now it's
official: Paste is really stable.  How stable?  A lot stable.

What Is Paste?
--------------

Paste (core) is a set of WSGI components, each of which can be used in
isolation.  But used together they form an unstoppable force.  Team
WSGI, unite!

These components let you do things like create applications that proxy
to other websites, mount multiple applications under different
prefixes, catch exceptions and interactively inspect the environment,
and much more.

Paste Deploy is a configuration system for these components.  Paste
Script is a jack of all trades that builds new project file layouts,
runs WSGI server stacks, and does application deployment.

Acknowledgements

Thanks to all the people that have helped Paste get this far: Ben
Bangert, Clark Evans, James Gardner, Philip Jenvy, and to Imaginary
Landscape for their support during my time there, and to The Open
Planning Project for their ongoing support.