[Chicago] Ode to <>

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Fri Sep 1 17:36:36 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 10:37:23AM -0500, Brian Ray wrote:
> Oh yes, ok, I. Well, Python has me covered.

Ian's right about the implementation you hadfor __cmp__, of course.  I
didn't even look at it beyond seeing __cmp__ and thinking "that's not
[the preferred] way to do it these days."

> But still, I do not see a way to define <>. IMHO, there also should
> be a way.

It's just an alternate spelling of !=, so that would be __ne__, no?

--
You know, if you were really going to starve, you'd be
justified in writing proprietary software. -- R M Stallman