[Chicago] PyPy Presentation

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Mon Apr 2 19:17:38 CEST 2007

On Monday April 2 2007 11:18 am, johnnnnnnn wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Atul Varma wrote:
> > As some of you may know, PyPy just hit 1.0.
>
> I've heard that the 1.0 release is a largely funding-based, not
> feature-based. That is, 1.0 doesn't yet imply production-ready or
> feature-stable. Is that based in reality or just ugly rumor?

Really looks that way.  They're reasonably up front about it, without actually
coming out and saying "our sponsors want a 1.0".  Props to the EU for funding
this though.

PyPy looks really cool, but it's not going to be ReadyForTheEnterprise for
quite a while yet - I'd guess at least 2 years, to be honest.

if-only-my-work-estimates-were-as-good-ly yours,
--Pete

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B
irc: pfein at freenode.net   ||   jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com