[Chicago] turbogears 2.0

Mark Ramm mark.mchristensen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 22:37:03 CEST 2007

I expect 1.1 to be released sometime in the next month or two, with
Genshi/Cherrpy3/SQLalchemy as the defaults.   We'll still support
current TG projects with very few changes, since SQLObject and Kid
will still be supported.

If you use CherryPy filters extensively those will need to be
converted into what CherryPy 3 calls Tools -- but in my experience
that has been very painless.

TurboGears 2.0 will have a few more changes in how application
configuration is done, and perhaps some updated components, and it
should also include a pretty large change in the way the @expose
decorator is implemented -- but again we're hoping we can maintain the
current API while totally rewriting the implementation.

So, to answer your question, I'd expect TurboGears 2.0 sometime late
this fall at the earliest.

--Mark Ramm

On 4/7/07, DiPierro, Massimo <MDiPierro at cti.depaul.edu> wrote:
> Hi everybody?
>
> Does anybody know when turbogears 2.0 is expected to be released?
>
> Massimo
>
> Massimo Di Pierro
> CTI DePaul University, 243 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60604
> Tel. +1-312-362-5173, Fax. +1-312-362-6116
> Email: mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu<mailto:mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu>
> Web page: http://www.metacryption.com/mdp/

Mark Ramm-Christensen
email: mark at compoundthinking dot com