[Chicago] python searching

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sat Apr 14 19:28:07 CEST 2007

I do that too, but google alone (even with advanced options) is too broad.  more
often I have read about something and want to see the official docs, not 1000
other articles about it, which is what I often end up wading through when I use
google.

I hadn't given too much thought to exactly what should fall under the ">>
variety of other docs" - might have to come up with a list of root URL's and hit
google for each one.  which it currently doesn't support.  (you can limit to a
site, but not site/dir.

#  Occurrences: specify where your search terms occur on the page - anywhere on
the page, in the title, or in the url.
# Domains: search only a specific website, or exclude that site from your search.
- http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/refinesearch.html#domain

It would probably suffice to limit the search to a list of domains and the title.

Carl K