[Chicago] How to get table names from ODBC?

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Aug 4 08:51:16 CEST 2007

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 11:50:18AM -0500, Tim Ottinger wrote:
> Isn't that database-dependent and not connection-mode dependent?
> Every database has system tables, and they don't have standardize name and
> schema across database vendors.
> If there is a general way, i do not know it.

Actually, the SQL standard does have some well-specified stuff in the
information_schema.  And some relational databases even support enough
of it to be useful!  Amazing, ain't it?

--
We had a lot of booming cyberanarchy in the USA for 20 years, and
now we are looking at several years of stagnant feudal nothingness.