[Chicago] Python sprint at Google

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Aug 5 13:47:02 CEST 2007

    Brian> In case people don't know, Google is hosting a sprint on Python
    Brian> again this year (in Mountain View), hacking on the language from
    Brian> August 22-25.

    Brian>  http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleSprint

    Brian> I'm trying to gauge interest from folks in Chicago to see if it's
    Brian> worthwhile for us to host a Chicago part of the sprint
    Brian> (videoconferenced into Mountain View).

I complained on the above wiki page about the lack of a Chicago location, so
I ought to pipe up here.  I need to check with my boss, but will try to make
the 22nd and 23rd.  I think this would be an excellent opportunity for me to
learn about the Python 3 implementation.  I've been struggling trying to
understand a recent string->unicode patch to the csv module.  It seems the
first two days would be the best for that sort of exposure.

The GoogleSprint page doesn't say anything about the hours each day.  We'll
be two hours ahead of them, so knowing when the Cali gang will be sprinting
will be of interest.

Skip