[Chicago] Pizza providers update

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Thu Aug 16 23:31:11 CEST 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 3:52 PM, Pratt, Doug wrote:

> The pizzas were scoffed in their entirety. Hardly a crumb left
> behind. We're
> happy to help starving developers.

I can confirm this. The several Chicago deep dish and regular pizza's
were eaten and much appreciated.  Doug was present and stayed for the
whole meeting. I ate some pizza and have a stain on my shirt to prove.

I can also vouch for Roy Talman as being quality.  While I am not
sure the majority of jobs today will explicitly state they want
Python, I am sure they run across some Python jobs from time to time.
Likewise, I firmly believe Python is slowly becoming acceptable for a
broader range of professional development roles. On the other hand,
we never wanted Python to be a gold rush and then forgotten.

Still, I too often hear how hard it is for potential employers to
find quality Python candidates. Either we are too comfortable where
we are at or too lazy to send out our resumes.  Then there is the
case where we want to share the interest in Python in a not-totally-
sold-on-Python place. Yet, how many of you have helped your
organizations migrate to Python? My understanding is quite a few.

I suggest you send Roy Talman your resume even if you do not fit any
of the current jobs. At least they will have a larger pool when
Python jobs appear. Their jobs are usually top notch.

Brian Ray
bray at sent.com
http://kazavoo.com/blog