[Chicago] Python jobs -- Try number 2

Pratt, Doug dpratt at roytalman.com
Tue Aug 21 23:12:54 CEST 2007

I'm posting 2 positions that have come in this week that specifically
mention Python. They are not Python developer jobs per se. If you're
interested check them out. I wanted to add my 2 cents worth to the
discussion of growing the use of Python in development environments around
Chicago. I can only speak to my experience of our clients. They are
typically smaller companies who are more adapable than usual. They tend to
be open to innovations that improve productivity and the final results. They
would seem to be prime candidates for encouraging the use of Python. Would
it be acceptable to post positions which might be open to using Python but
don't mention it because they haven't experienced the advantages it
provides? What it takes is for Python advocates to work in their world and
to open their minds to what's possible.

Doug

IT Executive Recruiter
Roy Talman & Associates