[Chicago] django hosting

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 04:23:10 CET 2007

I really like WebFaction. Their basic plan is reasonably priced and you get mod_python and postgres! I have been really pleased with their uptime, too. I haven't heard any complaints about the site going down since I signed up in January.

I have a DreamHost account too. DreamHost only offers FastCGI and MySQL, but much bigger bandwidth and disk space for about the same price. I personally think WebFaction is the better way to go for Django, but it depends on what you're doing.

- Feihong

Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote: I just got the green to find a host for my django site.

Anyone want to refer me to their host and get a commission?

It will need to be on
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/DjangoFriendlyWebHosts
so if the site is not there, add it first.

Carl K