[Chicago] django hosting

Mike Kramlich ramadeus at rcn.com
Fri Dec 7 13:31:03 CET 2007

Carl:

I've only used WebFaction for Django hosting, have been for a couple months,
love them so far. They were one of the first 3-4 I looked at, and they gave
the best vibe so I signed up.

Supportive. I've opened a few tickets with change requests and they've been
fast and friendly. When you read posts by their guys you can tell they know
their tech. I believe their own website or admin console uses Django, so
somebody there knows it. Small, personal. It's not a mindless faceless
corporation with rulebound idiots, for example. I like their style. Very
automated. Simple but not straight-jacket simple, you basically get to do
all the things you can do on any unix box (within reasonable limits, of
course.) Fairly cheap, but possibly not the cheapest out there if that's
your top goal. They just bumped up the resource limits for everyone's
accounts the other day, permanently. Lots of help info in their blog,
forums, FAQ, and a few tutorial videos. You can do shared or dedicated
hosting, with several levels of each, and you can start small then upgrade
your account level "in place" when you want.

data:
Uptime 101 days on one of the machines i'm using.
Generally don't see load averages higher than 0.1 - 0.3.
Page response latencies typically very small.

And though my site has had only trivial traffic supposedly a few sites on WF
have survived Slashdot and Digg.

Mike Kramlich