[Chicago] January venue?

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Sat Dec 15 14:03:23 CET 2007

On Dec 14, 2007, at 8:31 PM, Robert Zeh wrote:

> I might be able to work something out downtown (by the Chicago Board
> of Trade) with my company  - GETCO.

GETCO is another one of those financial organizations who frequently
look for Python talent, but are not sure what they are looking for--
frequently annoying many hard core Python advocates. Bring us in for a
software engineering job and then telling us its a QA job once we get
half way through a day long interview ; )  But, I did not want this to
turn us off..

I have been to GETCO offices and met ten or so developers, in
August.   They have a really nice office space in BOT.  They appeared
to have a conference room large enough to hold the 20-30 we are
getting. They guys I met at GETCO, several had some pretty solid
Python background-esp. in QA testing and build automation (SCONS). A
couple of guys have attended ChiPy meetings in the past--at Monadnock
IIRC.  Overall, I pretty interesting group of guys and they probably
have a lot more to contribute on how they use Python.

BWT, I am back.  I no longer have class on Thursday nights.  How are
things going? I heard Orbitz was a blast. Good job.

I will just sort of sit in the background for a while. Certainly I can
attend and present on how the company I now lead will be using Python.
But, if needed, I can get back into organizing again, now.
Nonetheless, I certainly do not want to de-rail the current efforts.

Brian Ray
bray at sent.com
http://kazavoo.com/blog