[Chicago] Job Opening

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Fri Feb 23 01:24:27 CET 2007

Please contact me directly at pfein at pobox.com if you're interested.  I'll also
be at Pycon, if you want to discuss.

**Job Description**:
Rapidly growing Internet startup seeks skilled Python oDeveloper for fun and
profit.

*Desired Interest/Experience*:

- Text search & analysis
- Distributed computing & storage
- Web crawling techniques
- Automated text extraction & machine learning
- Building interactive web apps

*Desired Technical Background*:

- Python, Python, Python!
- Linux or other modern UNIX
- Subversion & Trac
- Twisted
- Basic SQL, especially SQLite
- HTML/XML/JSON

Candidates should be experienced, well-rounded programmers, familiar with a
range of practices, including maintaining a shared code base, object-oriented
design, network programming, multithreading, optimization, and unit testing.
The ability to communicate effectively with coworkers while working
independently with limited oversight is essential.

Employees are given substantial freedom to design & implement solutions and
allocate their own time. We telecommute and maintain a demanding and flexible
work environment. The team is US based, but we will consider qualified global
applicants.  Project and part-time arrangements are possible.