[Chicago] Chicago Python Dev Jobs

Jim.Reinhardt Jim.Reinhardt at comcast.net
Wed Feb 28 02:03:20 CET 2007

Here you are. Thanks for posting this.

My name is Jim Reinhardt and I am a recruiter seeking Chicago Python
Developers. I have exclusive clients in the Chicago area that due to growth
are always hiring Python Application Developers. The need I have is on going
and my client will hire recent grads at about 45k and SR Developers up to
125k. The job description says 1 year minimum but the more the merrier and a
recent grad from a good school, good GPA and some Python development
experience is ok. If you know of people out of the area that are willing to
relocate here, we would like to speak to them as well.

My client moves quickly and is very responsive. There is a basic job
description below for your review. I have included my personal email address
because I work from home and am not a fan of Lotus Notes much less web mail
version!

Thanks,

Paul May
Paul May & Associates
708-479-1111

Jim.Reinhardt at comcast.net

Our primary customer service offering is a web-based solution written in
Python. We have major additional functionality to add to our current
offering, and plans to re-factor and re-architect our systems to support
future requirements.

Company is a business process service provider specifically for the
construction industry. Proprietary software solution brings together the
construction community through Internet-enabled construction payment
software. Our software services automate today's manual, paperbound
processes to significantly lower costs, improve communication and add
visibility. Our software is highly configurable, allowing participants to
specify how individual projects are managed. We are dedicated to improving
processes in construction lending through technology innovation.

Located in a northern suburb of Chicago, (reverse commute and shuttle from
Chicago available) our management and advisory teams consist of
professionals with general business, consulting and construction lending
experience.

You can expect a fast-paced, fun, and challenging work environment, great
people to work with, a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and
significant bonus potential.

This position will be responsible for the architecture, design, development
and unit testing of new features and feature extensions required of the
application. Additionally there are opportunities to lead functional
requirements discussions regarding the evolution of the application.

A minimum of one plus yrs of solid GUI or server side Web- Application
PYTHON software development experience.
Solid understanding of object orient concepts, using formal development
methods.
Experience developing robust, secure, complex, scalable, high volume,
commercial-grade web applications.
Should have some database programming with PostgreSQL, DB2, and Oracle.
Financial and business workflow development experience.
Expertise with all phases of the software development lifecycle, including
requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support.

Any architect and systems development experience a big plus.
Application development using Linux, Apache, Webware, SQLObject, Reportlab,
and J2EE technologies a big plus.
Web services and enterprise application integration experience a big plus
Business process focused systems experience a big plus.

Skills working in a collaborative team environment.
BA/BS in CS or equivalent experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.