[Chicago] Announcing meetings

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Wed Jul 11 22:25:41 CEST 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 12:52 PM, Adam Jenkins wrote:

> I would suggest that ChiPy announce our meetings on the mailing
> list and on comp.lang.python.announce group on google groups/usenet
> I see some groups announcing on their.

Announce AWAY! Just do me a favor and stick to the agreed format
<http://chipy.org/publicity>. In the case of July, you can cut and
paste the announcement I already sent.

Concerning  comp.lang.python.announce I once would always send
meeting notices there. However, its moderated and they typically did
not get to approving the announcements in time OR I did not send them
soon enough. Either way, they oft not show up.

Regards,

Brian Ray
bray at sent.com
http://kazavoo.com/blog