[Chicago] Sr. Software Engineer - PYTHON - Opening

Geise, Erich EGeise at prestigestaffing.com
Thu Jul 12 23:31:55 CEST 2007

Dear ChiPy Members,

I have recently moved to Chicago to open our newest technology staffing
office from Atlanta, GA.  My network in Atlanta taught me to work with
professional groups to target the true programming experts, and I found
your group today.

I am currently recruiting for Sr. Software Engineers who are strong with
Python in Chicago.

We seek professionals that demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, take a
holistic view of the firm and its goals, and are passionate about
industry change.  Potential candidates can expect a fast-paced, fun, and
challenging work environment, passionate and talented people to work
with, a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and significant
bonus and equity potential.  Ideal candidates will demonstrate the
following:

*	Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing
environment.

*	Entrepreneurial passion and drive.
*	Strong project management experience.
*	Thorough understanding of business processes and ability to put
this knowledge into practice.
*	Ability to communicate in a clear manner, both verbally and in
writing.
*	Experience in developing and refining internal business
strategies.
*	Ability to build strong working relationships both internally
and externally.

Role:

This position will be responsible for the architecture, design,
development and unit testing of new features and feature extensions
required of the client application. Additionally there are opportunities
to lead functional requirements discussions regarding the evolution of
the client application.

Technology skills include:

*	Well-rounded technical skill set, and experience developing
complex, high volume business systems.
*	Architect and systems development experience.
*	Web application programming in Python.
*	Application development using Linux, Apache, Webware, SQLObject,
Reportlab, and J2EE technologies.
*	Database programming with PostgreSQL, DB2, and Oracle.
*	Web services and enterprise application integration experience.
*	Business process focused systems experience.
*	Performance analysis and improvement.

Qualifications:

*	BA/BS in CS or equivalent experience.
*	A minimum of five years of software development experience,
using formal development methods.
*	Experience developing robust, secure, scalable, high volume,
commercial-grade web applications.
*	Financial and business workflow development experience.
*	Expertise with all phases of the software development lifecycle,
including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing,
implementation, and support.
*	Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*	Skills working in a collaborative team environment.

If you are interested, please send me an email or give me a call.

Erich Geise

Group Manager

Prestige Staffing

105 W. Adams Street, Suite 1410 - Chicago, IL 60603

Office 312-443-6152 - Fax 312-345-1941 - Cell 404-387-3404

egeise at prestigestaffing.com- www.prestigestafffing.com