[Chicago] Chicago visit

Damien Grassart damien at grassart.com
Fri Jul 20 01:24:29 CEST 2007

Chris McAvoy wrote:
> On 7/19/07, Ted Pollari <tcp at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> (I'm not fond of Uno -- plus you can find them all over the country
>> in chain form and Geno's East is hit or miss in my opinion...but
>> that's probably just me)

I agree that the franchised Uno's locations aren't very good, but the
original one downtown is really not the same IMO.
> Lou Malnati's!  Lou Malnati's!

Actually, Pizano's is owned by Lou's brother, Rudy Malnati Jr., so they
have similar pizzas. (Their father started it all by opening Pizzeria
Uno, see: http://www.pizanoschicago.com/about.html) Personally, I prefer
Lou's for deep-dish and Pizano's for thin, but both places are excellent.

Anyways, I only mentioned Pizano's because of the original request for a
place near Grant Park. =)

-Damien