[Chicago] Emergency - In Need Of Developer

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Fri Jul 20 17:11:54 CEST 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 7:24 PM, Placid Publishing, LLC wrote:

> I need a developer in the US (only) with at least 2 years experience
> with Django/Python to fix and optimize a Django site I had done a few
> weeks back. The original developer can no longer be contacted and the
> code is horribly inefficient, delaying the site from launch. Please
> email me for more details.

I am a little confused about your posting. Did you do the Django site
or did the developer who can no longer be contacted?

Just for the record, I do not mind people posting jobs here. I think
they should not require relocation to California--just an example, I
have nothing against California.  It sounds like this job will not
require relocation.  Although, I encourage those looking for
developers who post to this list to be very clear, concise, and
specific on the requirements and contingencies regarding the position
you wish to fill.

For example I encourage that it be specified:

- Part time of Full
- benefits
- Tax and Pay situation
- Expected Length of Arrangement
- In Office or Telecommute
- The company name who is looking to hire ( or hiring agency)
- The industry this company serves
- list of skills desired (just "Python" could mean a lot of different
things)
- background desired for candidate
- a request for resume, references, and any other material
- other places this job listing will be posted: like http://
www.python.org/community/jobs/ or    http://code.djangoproject.com/
wiki/DevelopersForHire

This is not entirely directed toward this particular posting.
However, you may get better results and be better received if you
follow this format. At least, lets keep job posting professional and
relevent to ChiPy.

Brian Ray
bray at sent.com
http://kazavoo.com/blog