[Chicago] Emergency - In Need Of Developer

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Jul 20 19:15:37 CEST 2007

Brian Ray wrote:
> On Jul 19, 2007, at 7:24 PM, Placid Publishing, LLC wrote:
>
>> I need a developer in the US (only) with at least 2 years experience
>> with Django/Python to fix and optimize a Django site I had done a few
>> weeks back. The original developer can no longer be contacted and the
>> code is horribly inefficient, delaying the site from launch. Please
>> email me for more details.
>
> I am a little confused about your posting. Did you do the Django site
> or did the developer who can no longer be contacted?

Based on some #django and #chipy stuff: Peter hired someone who can no longer be
contacted.

I have an idea: Peter should host a "django best practices" seminar.  use his
project as a case study, have someone in the area lead a group of us (I would
attend) in examining what was done wrong and how to improve it.

I have gotten closer in my 'django component' quest.  between what is planned
for django 1.0 and what is currently available, it just might be obtainable.  my
calendar and message stuff might also be good for dissecting.

Carl K