[Chicago] code review tools

Atul Varma varmaa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:50:04 CEST 2007

On 7/24/07, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
> Don't you guys do code reviews?
>
> I'm talking anywhere from incredibly formal Fagen types of things to
> light-weight asynchronous things. Do I need to define this?

We use Trac for bug tracking, and we use its Wiki to perform manual
code reviews.  A developer creates a Wiki page with a list of
revisions that need to be reviewed, along with any other notes.  When
someone reviews the code, they add comments to the wiki page under a
section with their name on it, and the original developer can respond
to them.  A QA person basically handles the workflow manually,
ensuring that code is reviewed, poking people when they need to review
code or respond to comments, and so forth; it'd be nice to automate
this part with a tool like Review Board.

- Atul