[Chicago] August Snakes on Apples Meeting

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Wed Jul 25 16:12:14 CEST 2007

Planning is going well for the August meeting <http://chipy.org/
SnakesOnApples>. As I mentioned at our last meeting, we have an offer
for a venue at UIC. I would like to let them know next week in case
that is what we choose.  Google will be closer to where C4 is being
held but I am not sure if they are able to host. Fitz, are you able
to host?  Apple store is out of the question because it did not fit
our needs. Alders Planetarium is booked.

We also have a sponsor for food. Thanks Roy Talman & Associates.
Doug Pratt will be attending.

Regarding presentations, we do not have anyone lined up yet. There
has been some grumbling. I tried to get some specific mac people from
C4 to present but most are not flying in until the next day. If you
know someone or you would like to present, here are some possible
topics:

   How Python ships on the Mac
   Mac specific modules part of Python Standard Library
   PyObj <http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/>
   Apple Events
   py2app
   Mac Software using Python: ie BitTorrent, Blender, FontLab
   macholib - analyze the Mach-O binary format
   wxPython

If we do not have a large enough interest in this topic, we can
switch gears entirely. For example, we could change the topic to
Python enabled Code Review Tools.  Although, I like the idea of
having presentations on specific platforms.

Brian Ray
bray at sent.com
http://kazavoo.com/blog