[Chicago] python tee shirts, etc

Harper Reed harper at nata2.org
Mon Jul 30 22:38:23 CEST 2007

Since i work for a t-shirt company i thought maybe it would be a good time
to jump in:

Shirts are relatively easy. Cafepress blows. Well - they are awesome for
quick one offs and what not. But if you want a good quality print or
t-shirt, you will have to have it done at a professional screen printing
place. It shouldn't be too hard to gauge how many people are interested and
then make an order.

Chicago has a bundle of great screen printers.

At threadless we use a place called Shirts our business (
http://www.sobltd.com/). They are really solid. The only catch is that you
have to have a batch of 144 or more before they will print anything. We also
use sharprint (http://www.sharprint.com/), although i think they also have a
minimum order. If 144 is too many (it probably is) then propaganda(
http://www.propagandatshirts.com/) is pretty decent.

Any of those places could help move art from computer to shirt and help
scale and color it appropriately.

Hope this is helpful.

-harper

On 7/30/07, Atul Varma <varmaa at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is Chipy-specific, so it may not be exactly what you're looking
> for, but here goes:
>
> Back in February, Brantley Harris drew a really cool ChiPy image,
> which consisted of a chipmunk with a Python on a leash, and I
> embellished it with a logo and put it on a long-sleeve T-Shirt:
>

> http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product.aspx?clear=true&number=109266329
>
> Some more options that I came up with at the time can be found here:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/chicago/2007-February/001704.html
>
> I really need to order myself up one of those.  I would ask if anyone
> else wants a copy, but since it's on cafepress, I guess you can all
> just order it from there if you want one.
>
> - Atul
>
> On 7/30/07, Doug Harvey <doug.harvey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > A guy that works with me just recently started using Python and really
> > likes it; most other developers around here still only use bash+awk,
> > just to give you an idea.
> >
> > Anyway, I thought it would be fun to get him some sort of python tee
> > shirt or pin, etc.  I did a bit of google searching and really
> > couldn't find any site that sells "python powered" shirts or other
> > paraphernalia.
> >
> > Anyone know of such a site?
> >
> > doug

Harper Reed