[Chicago] June Meeting Presentations?

Atul Varma varmaa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:50:40 CEST 2007

A few weeks ago, I was in Sweden and happened to meet with three of
the lead PyPy developers.  Over the course of several hours, I was
able to get a toy interpreter running in RPython, which I compiled to
a 40k C executable.  This probably wouldn't have been possible without
their help.

So if people are interested, on the 14th I'd like to give a sort of
follow-up to my PyPy talk a few months ago.  It'd be pretty short,
maybe 20-25 minutes on the outside, and would mostly consist of a
walk-through of my toy interpreter and the PyPy toolchain, a
clarification of a few things I didn't understand about PyPy when I
last gave my talk, and a brief report on the state of PyPy today.

Also, next month I'd be really interested in giving a talk on the
pickle module, geared towards newbies and veterans; it'd start with a
simple overview of what pickle is and how to use it, but would then
dive into how it works internally and what security considerations
should be made before using it.

- Atul