[Chicago] Chicago visit

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Fri Jun 8 17:33:30 CEST 2007

* Andrew Bassett <awbassett at gmail.com> [2007-06-07 18:03]:
> On 6/7/07, Brady Cox <bradyc at google.com> wrote:
> >
> >Things To Ingest Whilst In Chicago:

Let the holy wars begin ;-)

> Chicago Style Hot Dog - since I don't normally eat these... people please
> >speak up.
>
> Gene and Judes - 2720 River Rd, River Grove, IL 60171-1325

Easily my favorite, although probably the least "Chicago" of the Chicago
Style Dogs.  Only toppings available: mustard, relish, onions and sport
peppers.  Don't forget that when you order a dog, fries come with it (on
it, actually).  If you make the mistake of ordering "a dog with fries,"
be prepared to eat a lot of grease :-)  There is no seating, but on the
other side of the Des Plaines river on Grand is a nice park to sit and
eat your treasure.

Did I mention it's my favorite?

> Italian Beef - Mr. Beef, Buona Beef, Portillo's, Suggestions Welcome

Portillo's is decent and very prevalent, Buona Beef is similar but with
a decidedly different flavor.  My favorite is Jay's Beef in Schiller
Park.

For an interesting visual on these and a lot more, check out:
http://www.greasefreak.com/index.html
no pizza, though.

--
David Rock