[Chicago] [JOB] Rails or Python Engineer, Wilmette, IL | Salary: Open

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 18:45:36 CEST 2007

Correction: the location is actually Evanston and is just off the
Dempster stop on the purple and also close to the Metra Northern line.
 I'm a Senior SE on the team here and most of us live in Chicago, it's
not a bad commute.

On 6/9/07, Adam Jenkins <emperorcezar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/9/07, Beau Gould <beau at open-source-staffing.com> wrote:
> > Rails or Python Engineer, Wilmette, IL | Salary: Open
>
> This is the only place where the description says anything about Ruby or
> Rails? What does the job have to do with rails?

Yeah, something got cut from the original description (see
http://leapfrogonline.com/who/careers.php#55).  the main difference is
under "Our ideal candidate has..." :

 * Expert experience in the development of web-based applications
using primarily Python (Django framework) or Ruby on Rails in an
open-source development environment

Since we use an SOA (service oriented architecture) approach to
connect things that need to be connected, getting a specific task done
is not limited to a language or tool, it's up to the developer or team
and/or whatever tool is the best fit.  In other words, us Python devs
don't fight with the Rails folk, we just point and laugh.  Kidding!
It really is up to the task at hand, some new webapps we are doing
will probably be in Pylons actually.

The best way to apply is either through open source staffing or you
can send your resume to techposition at xfer.leapfrogonline.net

Feel free to contact me off the list if you'd like to know more about
our development team, day to day practices, dev/production environment
or anything.  If you'd like to see some open source work we've done
take a look at these projects:

http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/
http://code.google.com/p/fixture/
http://code.google.com/p/nosetty/