[Chicago] August ChiPy Meeting: Python on the Mac--Snakes on Apples

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Wed Jun 27 06:21:27 CEST 2007

On Jun 21, 2007, at 12:08 PM, Pete wrote:

> """C4 is an indie conference for indie developers. But what does
> that mean?
> Does indie always mean “independent”? Can you work for a BigCo and
> still be
> indie?"""

Here is my stab at answering some of Wolf's question. Some possible
definitions of indie:

* Indie 1:  Someone who is so elite, big name corps hire them as
consultants
* Indie 2:  Someone who is Unemployed and do not want to admit it
* Indie 3:  (aka Indy) someone from Indianapolis Indiana
* Indie 4:  In the 2000s, the indie culture has had crossovers with
other subcultures, including alternative, art school, hippie, emo,
grungers, mods, and recently even metalheads. (ref http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_%28culture%29)

By the way, I will not be attending nor do I fit any of the above
definitions.  Its not that I would not want to attend; Nor do I want
fit any of the above definitions; its just that I forgot to register
again.  Instead, I would prefer to attend a ChiPy meeting: free, fun,
and indiesk, at times.

Cheers,

Brian Ray
bray at sent.com